Table of Contents Hide
- What is Digital Marketing Funnel?
- Digital Marketing Funnel Stages
- Digital Marketing Funnel
- Why is a Digital Funnel Important?
- Strategies to create a powerful digital marketing funnel
- 1. Create awareness of your brand
- 2. Recognize your target audience for respective stages of the funnel
- 3. Establish your marketing objectives
- 4. Arrange different conversion funnels for different goals
- 5. Generate targeted content for all stages of the funnel
- 6. Employ different marketing networks to reach your target audience
- 7. Measure the outcomes and adjust your funnels
- 8. Concentrate on customer retention
- Examples of Digital Marketing Sales Funnel
- Key Learnings
A digital marketing sales funnel can assist in running your business more proficiently, and streamline the course of turning fresh guests into permanent clients. The simplicity or complexity of digital marketing funnels depend upon the individual or the brand, and this approach can be transformed to every single forte on the online platform. In this article, we have tried to comprise the topics discussing why a digital marketing funnel is significant, and in what manner you can create a stepwise personalized digital marketing sales funnel. At the end of this article, we have mentioned a few examples, of real-life digital marketing funnels setups.
What is Digital Marketing Funnel?
A digital marketing funnel is a skeleton that can be utilized to support in generating a flow of traffic to your website and fostering that stream of traffic while waiting for them to convert into clients. A characteristic marketing sales funnel has four steps:
There is an assortment of diverse strategies that you can pick and choose to nurture and fascinate these guests at different steps of the digital marketing funnel. One of the most vital features to observe is that different visitors will be attracted to diverse steps of the sales funnel. And the whole world would not at all times trail the same route throughout your funnel.
Digital Marketing Funnel Stages
There are four main digital marketing funnel stages:
Stage 1 – Awareness: This is the primary stage at which a guest cognizant about the existence of your business or website. This can be done by wide range of devices that comprises of organic search, social media, press release, word of mouth, email, links from another website, and much more.
Stage 2 – Discovery: In this subsequent stage, a guest will begin with engrossing on few pages over your website, devour content, and acquire more about your business and what all you are catering.
Stage 3 – Consideration: Further in this stage, when the visitors will devote longer span in reading your content on the website, engrossing in your media, and even adding up in your email index.
Stage 4 – Conversion: The last stage of this funnel is the conversion process that can take in some time, or it can be fast. This typically be subject to what exactly you’re marketing, the price point, and in what manner pressing of a problem your merchandise resolve.
Digital Marketing Funnel
Retention and Relationship building
The instance at which the customer goes ahead with a procurement, you would certainly want to retain them as a customer for life. This embraces the superiority in the customer service, the product satisfaction, and the post-sale experience. If the client endures to have excellent positive experiences, they will surely stay with your business for the long-run. This consist of new released products by your brand, constant communication, such as email, and constantly improve their existence by your range of goods and amenities. An alternative method to guise at funnels is through the lens of offering a solution to your guests:
Top of the Funnel (TOFU) – In this method the customers are mindful of the delinquent, but they are not certain about the exact solution.
Middle of the Funnel (MOFU) – This method helps in educating clients on in what manner to pick the best solution, and what are the existing solutions.
Bottom of the Funnel (BOFU) – This one demonstrates on why your products or services are the most supreme solutions to their issues.
Why is a Digital Funnel Important?
A digital funnel can deliver extreme support to your business. It can help your business in the subsequent ways:
Reach the targeted leads – Through a funnel primed in position, the users who succeed to the end of the funnel will be highly skilled.
Nurture clients for a relaxed sales experience – In this way you communicate with the clients at different stages of the funnel, you’ll with no trouble grow them into a customer from a visitor. A suitable funnel is entirely about adding worth, not a rigid and direct sales progression.
Increased revenue – the maximum features of the digital marketing sales funnel can be automated, that infers that your business can make extensive sales with a lesser amount of struggle.
Strategies to create a powerful digital marketing funnel
- Create awareness of your brand
- Recognize your target audience for respective stages of the funnel
- Establish your marketing objectives
- Arrange different conversion funnels for respective goals
- Generate targeted content for all stages of the funnel
- Employ different marketing networks to reach your target audience
- Measure the outcomes and adjust your funnels
- Concentrate on customer retention
1. Create awareness of your brand
It’s not a hidden secret that Google adores brands. There is certainly not a stringent explanation for a brand, but as a replacement for an assortment of aspects that contribute to build a robust brand, such as the appearance of branded searches, brand references, also more.
Below mentioned are few brand signals:
- A genuine and valid address of your business must be mentioned on your website
- A local number must be available on your website
- An ‘About Us’ page that provides a comprehensive information of the business and employees
- Reviews, Feedbacks and company information must be listed on popular websites such as Yelp, Google My Business, Glassdoor, and many more.
- An active social media existence on numerous widespread digital media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Another significant feature is brand mentions, which comprise nofollow links. These can be references of your brand name online, without any attached links to it.
These features confirm to Google that you have a sturdy brand that’s introduced and existing on relevant authoritative online networks. If your brand name in familiar by the people, then probably it will be considered as high-quality. As a whole, a strong brand name signifies your trust in the market and among the people. People are more apparently to start with a search result and munch the provided information of that page if it’s from a brand they recognize and track.
To conclude, we have branded search terms. These are keywords that comprises of the name of a brand, this consist of words such as “company name + blog”, “what is company name”, and even more to hunt. If keywords that are mentioned holds a respectable capacity, then it recommends to Google that your brand is robust and prominent.
The foremost ladder to climb while setting up a digital funnel is to start creating your brands exposure in order to generate increased traffic circulation towards your website. This stage is most often acknowledged as the top of the funnel (tofu) for the reason that its key objective is to start receiving as much traffic as possible. Your main focus and aim are to cast a widespread grid, bring these people to your website, and into your funnel to realize what translates and what section of audience respond more to you.
Given below are few tips for creating your brand:
- Your brand must contain appropriate contact details and local documents in case of a physical business
- Run a PR campaign to expand your brand mentions
- Practice guest blogging to link your brand with prevalent websites in your domain
- Be certain that you’re active and involved with your supporters on social media
- Emphasize on onsite and offsite SEO to augment your rankings on search engine
2. Recognize your target audience for respective stages of the funnel
The different stages of your funnel will communicate to different parts of the audience that you are targeting. The more your audience travels down your funnel, the further slim your targeting will get. Suppose, if you create a pet shop website on the internet, then your top of the funnel will fascinate pet owners, or perhaps even animal lovers in general.
The more down they go further through the funnel, the more precise this will become. Perhaps they begin to consume details on your website offering grooming dogs, that get thinner down to their precise dog breed, then lastly grooming tools specially fashioned for their dog and the problematic experience related to it.
- This will be your major audience and covered several groups. Here you’ll be casting as extensive of a network as possible.
- Here you’ll begin to segregate your audience built on different sets, activities they do, or even just how they surfed your website.
- At this stage, you’ll have an assorted platter of diverse audience parts, and individuals tagged as consumers. You’ll have segments created on in what quantity does the user spends, whether or not they purchased something, and more.
Here are some additional ways to segment your audience for more targeted marketing:
- Segment created on the basis of source. This will segment your index created on in what manner they connect to your site, i.e., paid ads, social media, organic search.
- Segment created on activity. You can segment operators when they carry out a specific action, such as connecting over a link in an email.
- Segment created on value. You can segment users on the basis of who expended the maximum money and are the most favourable for your business.
3. Establish your marketing objectives
Examples of Digital Marketing Objectives
You must have clear marketing objectives even before heading to begin arranging your marketing funnels. There are all types of diverse sorts of funnels that can be created for different purposes.
An eCommerce stores funnel objective is to enhance sales of the product with paid ads will be in contrast to a sales funnel for a process inventor who have been working on long-form content to fascinate email endorsers and eventually head to proceed with a sale in the future. Thou, the overall course will stay to be the same, but the details will vary.
Here are some examples of common marketing goals:
- Email subscribers can be amplified around 5,000 by active Facebook ads.
- Nurture your email index by 200% by appending deliberate opt-ins to high-ranking blog posts.
- By displaying Google Ads to a landing page opt-in, with an automated email sequence you can upsurge the sales of a store by 500%.
- Grow direct store sales by broadcasting coupon-based Instagram ads on straight to product landing pages.
- Get more leads for telephone sales
4. Arrange different conversion funnels for different goals
Beside the case where you have only one product and an effortless one-product sales page you perhaps must be possessing several conversion funnels in position. If case you have several objectives that you are probably trying to reach, then you must have different conversion funnels arranged to support you to achieve these objectives.
In case, you have a specific funnel devoted to attaining more email subscribers, an alternative funnel whose objective is to achieve higher sales, an email funnel that vends a high-ticket merchandise, and more.
Here are some cases of different types of funnels where you can have worked together:
- YouTube video > Straight to a product page
- YouTube video > Landing page > Email sequence > Product page
- Facebook ad > Landing page > Email sequence > Product page
- Blog post > Pop-up opt-in > Email sequence > Product page
- Blog post > Email list > Value-add email sequence
- Email list > Segment based on interest > High-ticket item email sales sequence
As it has been clearly seen, there are all sorts of different conversion funnels you can produce. These are created on the sort of content resources you have/want to generate and achieving your final objective. Usually, you’ll have several funnels operate at the same instance and will be testing diverse funnels to understand what translates the best.
5. Generate targeted content for all stages of the funnel
After this long you must have got an improved insight on in what manner does the digital marketing sales funnels function, and the numerous categories of audience that you are targeting. Let’s have a quick glance at in what manner will the different sorts of content will fit into your funnel.
Attraction stage (TOFU)
The top of your funnel (TOFU) is acknowledged as attraction phase. This will be a platform on which you will bringing audience in your realm. The majority of the contents circulated at this stage is about spreading cognizance about your brand. For maximum visitors that will visit your site at this stage of the funnel, it’ll be their first encounter as the audience where they will get aware about your brand.
In this attraction stage, the guests will start engaging and communicating with your brand. Below here we have named some of the content types connected with this stage:
- Paid advertising
- Landing pages
- Video content
- Blog posts
- Visual media
Engagement stage (MOFU)
People begin to really get attracted and involved with your brand at this stage, and for that reason this phase is named as the engagement stage. Generally, this stage comprises of managing loads of your content, emails, and other media content like video.
The attraction stage overlaps the engagement stage to some extent. For example, you will attract and get an augmented flow of traffic to your website by ranking high at the search engines with your blog posts. Then blog posts will simultaneously also give solutions to the problems of your visitor’s and also offering loads of value. Below are mentioned some content types that are prevalent in the engagement stage:
- Long-form blog posts that can help in solving a problem
- Product assessments/reviews
- Case studies
Decision-making stage (BOFU)
By the time you reach at the decision-making stage, the guests will already be aware with your brand and at the back of the mind they must have become sure about heading or not heading with the purchase of your products or services. Contingent to your forte the preliminary sale might not occur at once. Let’s say, a subscriber may connect on your email catalogue, devour your day-to-day or once a week emails, and eventually be converted into a client in the next six months. In due course, making a sale isn’t as significant as establishing a longstanding rapport. Content that will support you in carrying out a sale includes:
- Free of cost trials
- Live demos
- Coupons and vouchers
- Sales pages
If you retail a real product or even have a SaaS product, you may extend a free trial, free sample, or a live demo of your product. This stage is practically the final step of the conversion process. Subsequent to the free trial, sample, or demo they will either go ahead with the procurement or surely won’t.
Relationship building stage
The ultimate stage of the funnel is the relationship-building phase. In an ideal condition, you most probably would have developed a stable relationship previous to when they make a final call to buy, but at the present day it’s time to strengthen that association. There are numerous methods that can bring happiness to your customers:
- Announcing special offers
- Performing contests and distributing freebies
- Forwarding systematic value-add no sales emails
6. Employ different marketing networks to reach your target audience
For reaching your target audience there are countless number of strategies that can be employed. But the approach that you clutch will be dependent upon who is your target audience, where do they devote their time online, and what is the budget involved. We have tried to gather information about few of the diverse marketing platforms you can stick to outstretch at your audience:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)– In this approach, superior-quality content is ranked at the search engines with the intention of attracting fresh visitors to your website.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)– In this method the ads are broadcasted that become visible above the search results and in return direct traffic to a landing page of the site.
Paid Social Media Ads– This approach manages to run ads everywhere on various digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and others.
Organic Social Media– This method embraces the handling of post creative content to the social media accounts by means of an attached back link in your bio to ultimately get directed to your website.
7. Measure the outcomes and adjust your funnels
The sales funnel will be evolving continuously. To measure the success of your sales funnels you have to adjust according to the content and where they will be positioned. Let’s say, after connecting over your Instagram ad how many people will eventually get added to your email index? Or, what span of time have people been on your email list ahead of making a purchase of your product? The only answer to all these queries and more, is to scrutinize all the facts and figures.
When you carefully survey your data then you can enhance your funnels to get converted in a better manner.
- A/B test your landing pages
- A/B test your email campaigns
- Examine Google Analytics to discover popular content
The most excellent and outstanding method to improve your sales funnel is to begin at the top and then moving in the direction towards the bottom. Here, let’s have a look at an example, suppose you are planning to create a content such as paid ads, videos, or blog posts then you can try out different methods to understand what is working in your favour while waiting for things to turn up for a seamless traffic flow to your website. At that time, you can drive to your landing pages or opt-in pages and try out different essentials of these pages together with:
- Body copy
To end, you can then divert to your offer. This means to check out does a discount offers perform better than a free trial? Or does the free shipping help to augment the rates of conversions? All this can surely bring us to conclude that certain trivial adjustments can assist you get huge returns in the overall profit. In the beginning a lot of tests and trials would be undertaken to get an unobstructed flow of traffic to your funnel. All this brain storming and experiments will in the end lead to a point where you funnel be the best possible position. You need to analyse each and every stage and understand which phases of the funnel converts the best and the worst, so you can seal any rupture in your funnel.
8. Concentrate on customer retention
The most significant approach is to track the customer retention rate. This is the proportion of people that have stood along since the longest time and still enduring to purchase your products and services. Carrying out one single sale doesn’t mean the funnel is done.
To keep your business floating at the time of a low retention rate in the funnel, you have to continuously work on generating fresh leads. Whereas in the cases with a high retention rate, you will have to pay lesser attention to the circulation of the traffic flow and generation of new leads. In the situation with high retention rate the major focus will be offered to the existing customers.
We have tried to discuss below certain methods that can help in improving customer retention:
- Foremost, one must create an automated email sequence that will assuredly benefit the customers to the get the most out of your product.
- Responses to the queries and concerns of customers should be at first priority and at earliest possible.
- Request your clients to give feedback on your products or services through an open survey.
- Up-sell a buyer with more and more, improved innovative products and services that will help to further assist and provide instant solutions to the problems of these customers.
The more satisfied your customers are with the products and services that you are offering, the higher is the possibility for them to keep coming back for consecutive times. These customers in the longer run when stay struck to your products and services, can turn to be your advocates who recommend and support your business to others.
Examples of Digital Marketing Sales Funnel
There is probably all sort of digital marketing sales funnels that you can operate. No matter what is your defined goal, here are some metrics that you must keep a track of such as:
- Your all-total website traffic (and which funnels are the worthiest)
- The proportion of traffic that turns out to be your email subscribers, or customers (your conversion rate)
- The ratio of email subscribers those go ahead to purchase a product
- The cost per lead (you expended $1000 on Facebook ads to obtain 200 leads, that’s $5 per lead)
- The lifetime worth of a client (how much in total an average customer spends multiplied by how long does a customer stay associated with your business)
Digital Marketing Funnel Example for an eCommerce Website
Let’s go through this example of a digital marketing funnel for an eCommerce store that trades custom photography prints:
- You identify your target audience operate on Facebook and your supreme clients are males and females between the age range of 25 and 35.
- You launch a Facebook ad that diverts the flow of traffic to a landing page.
- This landing page consist of an email opt-in and free spur for guests on signing-up.
- An automated email sequence that instructs your target audience about taking photographs prints, selecting the accurate size and shape, adornment advices, and much more.
- In the last part of your email funnel, you must add an offer coupon with 15% off on all the forthcoming orders.
- Then the subscriber applies this offer voucher and purchases a print from your online photography store.
- They’re labelled as a customer and put into a follow-up sequence to ensure they’re satisfied with their purchase.
Digital Marketing Funnel Example for an Online Course Provider
Below mentioned is an example of a funnel for a photographer proposing an online photography course:
- You’ve performed a thorough keyword research and have recognized a few of the keywords in your forte (i.e. how to click landscape pictures, the finest lens for open-air shooting, landscape editing guidelines).
- Then you make an incredible content ranking for these specific keywords and also offers some worthy and knowledgeable content to your readers.
- You have inserted opt-ins all over at suitable places in your content with an opt-in bribe that’s closely associated to your course.
- Later when a reader subscribes at your site you have an automated email sequence that transports your opt-in bribe, along with a systematic email sequence.
- Towards the end of this sequence, you have a subscriber-only concession for your online course.
- Later when a user procures the course, you have an alternative automated sequence that supports you to instruct your clients by employing on the course and provide answers to common questions.
When you realize, regardless of what you’re selling or the channels that you have to hook on to market yourself, there are numerous diverse digital marketing funnels that you can construct. For maximum number of business owners, multiple funnels will be kept functioning all together, which you can time-to-time squeeze and enhance for the best outcomes.
Hopefully, as we have come to the end of this article, you must have got a comprehensive insight of in what manner you can structure up an entire digital marketing sales funnel starting from zero. Visitors will initially enter into your funnel at the awareness stage, generally through a social media, blog posts, or paid advertising. Later, when they engage on your content or connect to your email list, then they will further acquire more information related to all what you can provide. As soon as they are over with the researching and you have developed conviction with these prospects will translate into customers.
At that time, it then depends upon you to strengthen this association and glee your clients adequately to hold them for the long-run. There are certainly heaps of efforts and expertise that goes into each phase of this process, but here’s a swift outline on the stages you’ll take to create your funnel:
- Begin with building your brand awareness
- Recognize and categorize who your target market is overall and for respective stages of the funnel
- Establish clear marketing objectives for your funnels
- Regulate what marketing platforms will you be employing on
- Generate a conversion funnel for every objective that you have put
- Measure the outcomes of your campaign and assess and adjust your funnels
Hence, making a digital marketing funnel is a constant course, but one that can alter your business in the long-term.